• The Transport Manager is responsible for getting the correct quantities of products to their required location within the given time limit and as a result must effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and vehicles.
• As a Transport Manager, you will be responsible for personnel, monitoring their progress and being their first point of contact should a problem arise making communication skills vital. These communication skills are also vital in the development of customer relationships, managing questions and complaints calmly and decisively.
• The Transport Manager is responsible for organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements.
• The Transport Manager must also be involved in strategic development and the maintaining of any administrative records, regularly communicating with the delivery manager to ensure smooth operation.
• You must also be aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure company compliance.
Salary Per Month:
Job Qualification Requirements
Min Education Level :
Work Experience :
5 - 10 Years
â€¢ You may be required to hold relevant qualifications, preferably a degree in Transportation/Fleet Management or relevant disciplines. â€¢ Minimum of 5 years hands on and continuous work experience as a transport manager. â€¢ A Transport Manager requires knowledge and understanding of all areas of the supply chain, budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls. â€¢ You must be able to efficiently work within a high volume transport operation. â€¢ the Transport Manager requires strong communication and people management skills being able to cultivate strong business relationships on multiple levels. â€¢ You must have a sound understanding of basic accountancy and be numeric as this position requires involvement in managing budgets and the calculation weights and measures. â€¢ Due to the high level of machinery and the importance of time constraints, the Transport Manager must also be safety conscious with a full knowledge of the transport operations and maintenance and be detail conscious with regards to the vehicles themselves and route planning. â€¢ You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Visitors to this website are duly cautioned to seek appropriate professional advice before making any payment or otherwise entering into any contract with any company or person who has placed a job listing on this website, The company shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by any person who ignores this warning.Read More »