Customer Support Technician (Ghana / West Africa)
Customer Service Analyst Information
Our client, a unique manufacturing technology and services company is looking to hire a competent and proactive Customer Support Technician (CST) to help with their operations in Ghana and West Africa
The position requires a dynamic and proactive individual, who will act as a key point of contact for service requests and be responsible for the commissioning, maintenance and training of customer site personnel in relation to the company’s suite of technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commissioning, fault-finding / repairing, maintaining and monitoring equipment at mine sites
- Training mine site personnel and company employees in the use of specialized equipment.
- Ensuring that Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) is carried out as appropriate on company’s equipment to ensure detection of early signs of damage which could lead to component failure
- Providing sales support to company’s customer base (where required) in conjunction with company’s Africa Customer Support and Sales personnel
- Liaising with the Africa Customer Support and Sales personnel so as to ensure that customer feedback occurs in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely completion of timesheets and other administrative paperwork
- Acts as a key point of contact for service requests and be responsible for the commissioning, maintenance and training of customer site personnel in relation to the company’s suite of technologies.
- Work in conjunction with Africa Customer Support office and Sales personnel in order to recommend and follow up spare parts sales through to receipt of the customer purchase order.
- Performs all work in a timely manner with high regard to quality to ensure the achievement of schedules; if this is not possible, advises the Operations Manager – Africa in a timely manner.
- Maintains an exceptional level of quality in all work completed.
- Encourages and maintains a customer service philosophy within the Africa office and the wider group, e.g. understanding that one is part of a service-orientated department, providing assistance to internal and external customers.
- Participates proactively in the company’s Lean philosophy, strategic planning and ISO quality systems framework.