Health And Safety Executive
BYF Recruitment & Consultancy Services
3 - 5 Years
GH¢700.00 - GH¢1,000.00
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as HSE Officer. • HSE and related and relevant Training and Legislation • Advanced Computer skills – Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint • HSE Auditing
- DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development, implementation and maintaining of effective programs to ensure compliance and requirements of local safety legislation.
- Develop systems to ensure all employees comply with all relevant legal safety requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) none negotiable compliant at all times.
- Monitor safety performance of all on-site workers/employees/personnel to ensure that all workers on-site work safely.
- Evaluate incident forms, surveys, audits to establish root causes and together with Supervisors and Managers concerned, formulate a plan of action to correct non-compliant behavior or conditions
- Liaise with on-site contractors to ensure their compliance with Company HSE regulations and adherence to safety standards.
- Educate and enforce that employees take all necessary precautions and adhere to safety rules and procedures to protect themselves and the equipment they use from damage.
- Identify and review various HSE concerns specific to the work site and ensure the activities do not put other people outside of the site at risk.
- Ensure workplace is compliant with HSE statutory requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and enforce HSE policies and codes of practice.
- Initiate and review on daily basis: hazardous assessment, First Aid kit – well equipped /resourced and open flame permits with First Aider.
- Investigate all injuries, accidents and near misses. Identify the causes that contravene safety and advise on any improvement in safety measures and standards that need to be made.
- Review accident summary reports and take appropriate action when accident trends are unfavorable.
- Conduct regular site safety inspection/s identify risk and danger and follow up actions.
- Conduct regular safety audits, training, briefings, and Toolbox talks weekly and address the Do’s and Don’ts.
- Identify safety training needs, organize and co-ordinate safety training courses and prepare training material where appropriate
- Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards, investigate root causes and identify corrective and preventative actions and report to management.
- Act as liaison with the ambulance services and hospitals, management, subcontractors and workers regarding aspects of health and safety on and off the job
- Desired Skills and Experience
- A relevant Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety
- Must be trained to a minimum of General and Advanced HSE standard (Mandatory)
- Must have excellent communication skills and have sound understanding of the Ghanaian safety laws and able to identify hazards throughout the workplace
- Good knowledge of safety systems and able to interpret situations in order to take appropriate action
- Good judgement in identifying life threatening situations or major risks to the company
- A licensed driver - DVLA
Ga - Mantse Palace, North Kaneshie off the Dans Bar Road