Production Manager( Rice Manufacturing Company)
As a production manager, you'll be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. You'll make sure goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
The scope of the job depends on the nature of the production system. Many companies are involved in several types of production, adding to the complexity of the role. It's likely that you will be responsible for both human and material resources.
The job is also referred to as operations manager.
As a production manager, you'll need to:
- oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule
- ensure that the production is cost effective
- decide what resources are required
- draft a timescale for the job
- estimate costs and set the quality standards
- monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
- liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
- work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- supervise and motivate a team of workers
- review worker performance
- identify training needs.