Assistant Human Resource Manager
Human Resources Generalist Information
A luxurious hotel requires an experienced HR Generalist for the above role to provide and support a comprehensive, confidential Human Resource services to the hotel in achieving the business goals and strategies whilst developing and maintaining positive relationships with the employees. The position carries out the daily activities of the Human Resources department in all functional, administrative and other areas, ensures compliance with Ghana labour legislation and company policies. Working with the team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Support department managers in the off and online advertising and recruitment of all positions in line with the Recruitment and Selection policy.
- Ensure interviews are conducted in accordance with company policy, and candidates are assessed against appropriate job competencies.
- Ensure job descriptions and person specifications are available for all positions and are sent with the employment contract and other starter documents
- Liaise with departmental managers to ensure all new employees receive the company’s new starter induction including paperwork in an organized and efficient manner
- Consistently update applicants on progress of application
- Provide support in ensuring HR policies and procedures are maintained and reviewed in line with business and legal changes
- Ensure the administrative process in relation to employee and payroll data, leave, sickness and all other employee benefits are understood, is effectively communicated, implemented/administered where necessary and maintained
- Ensure procedures and legal requirements pertaining to communication, safety, hygiene and security are adhered to within the company
- Ensure cessation of employment process is effectively implemented throughout the hotel and accurate records of all interviews are kept and reports generated when required
- Ensure confidentiality is observed in all employment matters, including referencing
- Perform any other function/task as and when assigned by management or required by business operations.
- Comply with Hotel’s policies and procedures
Successful candidate must have at least First Degree in Social Sciences/ HRM or related field. Professional HR certification or membership is plus along with a minimum of two (2) years working experience in a similar position within a Luxury Brand hotel/hospitality or an international company managing overall employees not less than 300. Sound knowledge of Human Resource Management principles and practices, and of Ghana Labour Act. Excellent interpersonal and communication (writing and verbal) skills both internally and externally. A problem-solver; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate. Highly organised with an efficient approach and must be a goal or results oriented individual with the ability to influence, lead employees and manage multiple projects. Thorough knowledge and experience of working with Unions is essential. Ability to work under pressure, long hours if required without or with little supervision and to lead a team. Proficient user in HRIS and Microsoft office applications.