Our client, an affiliate of a global agribusiness is looking to hire a proactive Network Administrator to support their operations in Ghana.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring smooth operation of the corporate computer network on a daily basis.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth operation of the corporate computer network on a daily basis.
- Management of all servers in the Wintel environment including FAX, File Servers & Mission Critical
- Maintain reliable virus protection plan
- Document virus protection procedures
- Monitor virus logs for infections and warnings, recommend and implement remedies
- Distribute software and virus definition updates
- In depth knowledge of the following technical areas:
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- Windows Exchange Server
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Cisco Switches
- Network Communication Protocols
- Server based Anti-Virus products
- General knowledge of the following:
- Cisco Routers & Firewalls
- Cloud based products
- Should support or maintain the customer’s or the client’s network and other in-house servers and should be able to configure it when needed.
- Must also develop a plan to install and combine new server hardware and application
- Need to look for necessary updates or upgrades and must implement it whenever deemed necessary.
- Support 3rd party computer applications and ensure the connectivity and the security of the network.
- Monitor the performance of the network i.e., check its availability and utilization of the network and also, it’s latency.
- Deliver more efficiency in their work by regularly testing for weaknesses and improve on that.
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- Needs to resolve all the problems or queries reported by the end user or the client and provide them with proper resolution.
- Keep record of all the requirements and day to day updates required for the system