Debt Recovery Officer Wanted
Legal Services Information
Experts Consult Ltd
3 - 5 Years
GH¢700.00 - GH¢1,000.00
- To assist in the recovery of all debt owed to Clients, using court action where appropriate, but using a holistic approach to ensure that help and support is provided where possible so that eviction is a last resort.
- To manage recovery action on debts owed to Clients in accordance with the systems, processes and guidelines issued by the Recoveries Manager and the pre-court protocol, updating and maintaining appropriate systems to ensure that all recovery measures are based on correctly held data
- To engage with customers using a variety of means to obtain information which can be used in the debt recovery process and to ensure that debtors are advised of their position and the procedures that will be followed to recover the debt. Some contacts may be outside normal working hours.
- Engage with customers and reach a realistic and affordable repayment plan which is informed where possible by an accurate financial statement.
- To advise the Recoveries Manager on issues affecting the debt recovery processes, both in general terms and on individual cases. Maintain an extensive knowledge of statutory requirements and recognised good practice in connection with accounting and recovery procedures including areas of political and environmental change that affect benefits and entitlements of customers.
- To attend court and present best evidence to obtain the appropriate order, variation orders or suspension of warrants, attending evictions where appropriate and assisting the Court Bailiff to secure our property
- To ensure that customers receive appropriate support, assistance or signposting to statutory and voluntary agencies with specialist advice on benefits and other debt related issues.