Risk And Compliance Officer
Legal Services Information
3 - 5 Years
AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF SIMILAR EXPERIENCE IN A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION Minimum of 1st Degree in Economics, Accounting, Banking and Statistics A member of any accountancy professional body will be an added advantage (Any level is also accepted)
- In collaboration with Operations Manager, General Management and Internal Audit, identify key risk operational areas and related procedures where there is a strong need to perform ex-post independent controls; this will first focus on lending activities and will then expand to deposit and cash management related activities
- Develop a framework for the conduct of ex post independent controls within the branches and Head Office Operations Department.
- conduct compliance checks (ex post independent controls) in the branches and in head office operations department on all risk areas identified
- Designs and develops according to needs the framework for the work of the credit risk unit, and supervises in an on-going manner its implementation (i.e. providing independent opinion on the level of risks incurred to the loan committee members)
- Performs (by self or by assignments to Credit Risk analyst(s)) analysis and monitoring of credit risk and exposure (analysis of the quality of the loan portfolio, ad hoc business sector analysis to monitor compliance with limits set by GM and BoD on exposures and concentration); handles prospective studies on market trends in order to anticipate on possible sectors’ trends and their possible impacts on the organization.
- Regular market studies involving clientele interviews and competition review should also be considered in relation with the Marketing Unit. Proposes corrective actions or new initiative that may support the achievement of the objectives in terms of volume and quality of loan portfolio (as well as the deposit collection).
- Supervises the formulation of up to date processes and procedures that ensure that the lending/savings activities of the company are undertaken in line with regulations of the country and company
- To co-ordinate the writing and updating of processes, procedures and other operational guidelines related to lending, deposits collection and cash management activities of the company, for existing and new services, taking into account internal and/or external audit recommendations
- To ensure that Credit Officers provide him/her as well as Operations management with regular information.
NO. 7 Nii Yemoh Avenue