Operations Controller (Logistics And Freight Experience)
OPERATIONS CONTROLLER (LOGISTICS AND FREIGHT EXPERIENCE)
Our client, a leading global logistics company with the aim of providing their customers with a safe, efficient and compliant logistics service for hazardous materials is looking to hire a proactive Operations Controller to help with their operations.
The position requires a dynamic and proactive individual, who will ensure that all elements of the domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer requirements in a timely manner and of high quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Give directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of goods and delivery locations, and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit
- Create a safe working environment for employees by putting in place safety measures to prevent accident and complications that may arise during work.
- Supervise activities of workers to ensure that they are hands-on in order to promote hard-work, which is needed for successful deliveries and completion of production tasks to meet clients’ demands and deadlines
- Inspect goods to be delivered to ensure that they are in the right quantity and quality.
- Supervise the loading of such goods into vehicles for delivery
- Liaise with transportation companies to create a good working relationship to be able to strike good negotiations for transportation of goods, and to prevent hiccups that may arise
- Ensure that workers adhere to industry standards in dealing with clients, to promote rule of law and avoid practices such as smuggling and overloading to avoid accidents which could lead to loss of lives and properties
- Evaluate freight or transportation cost and other expenses and verify that they are not more than the amount charged to clients, to ensure that a positive account balance is left at the end of every transaction
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- valid IATA Cat 6 Dangerous Goods certification
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Logistics preferably in freight, logistics, courier and freight forwarding industry. Specifically, airfreight
- Strong experience working with cargo classified as hazardous
- Experience in the airfreight industry for both airfreight imports and exports
- Good understanding of global routings and airlines
- Good understanding of road freight and sea freight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent time management, organizing and multitasking skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery
- Attention to details
To Apply please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org