Inbound Logistics Manager (A/R)
The successful applicant will be responsible for the total inbound logistics sub-function to include the areas of supply, transportation, warehousing, procurement, maintenance of inventory, handling of supplies, works and services
- Pricing and generating all local sales contracts for shells, sacks, cocoa wastes etc. in consultation with the Logistics Manager.
- Reporting to the General Manager, Financial Controller and Logistics Manager on monthly bean activities including but not limited to intake, deliveries, shrinkages, palletization etc. as may be required.
- Ensure that due diligence has been done for all local sales and indemnity form appropriately signed especially for shell sales coupled with periodic customer audits in conjunction with the Quality, Environment, Safety and Health Department.
- Ensure that all inbound activities performed by third parties on behalf of Olam Cocoa Processing Ghana Limited are covered by contracts duly signed and all such third parties interacting with government officials have gone through the due diligence process.
- In conjunction with Finance Department, ensure that all local sales made are invoiced on time, appropriately declared to the Customs Division of the Ghana Revenue Authority and applicable duties paid quarterly.
- Ensure that deadlines are met for all mandatory reports required by regulatory agencies such as the Ministries, Departments and Agencies with respect to our manufacturing activities.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of all training programs in the department in consultation with Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for contract creation for all beans and butter purchased as well as liquor sales.
- Co-ordination of all Tax exemption requests with the Ghana Free Zone Board for local purchases and imports on behalf of Olam Cocoa Processing Ghana Limited
- Advising in concert with Logistics Supervisors on the most efficient and cost effective means of transport for all inbound cocoa and cocoa products including butter.Together with the Inbound Supervisor, co-ordinate the consolidation of all non-cocoa purchases overseas such as spare parts, packaging materials while also advising on the quickest and most cost- effective means of importing or exporting all non-cocoa cargo.
- Assisting the Logistics Manager to achieve departmental goals and projects.
- Manage all the warehousing and handling activities of cocoa beans; including managing inbound staff to ensure smooth running of inbound Logistics.
- The Inbound Logistics Manager must establish policies and procedures that will help to get the tasks done.
- Coordinate with other units and unit heads on logistics requirements, supplies, forwarding and delivery issues.
- Carry out all administrative work related to this position.
- Prepare daily and monthly reports to the Financial Controller.
- Control the issue and use of spare parts.
- Responsible for reviewing stock levels and tracking deliveries whilst providing solutions to
- Oversight responsibility for warehouse staff.
- Provide leadership and train warehouse staff on receiving and storing material
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Purchasing and Supply.
- Postgraduate Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar management role.
- Experience in a multinational company and the cocoa industry is an added advantage.
- Should have the experience and/ or skills to engage at high levels such as; Government Agencies like Ghana Free Zones Board, Ghana Cocoa Board, Cocoa Marketing Company etc.
- Professional qualification in CILT or CIPS is an added advantage
- Applicant should be O9 and above
General attributes for this position
- Strong technical competence is required
- Successful candidate must have very strong supervisory skills
- The applicant should have very strong planning and organizing skills and be able to communicate with people at all levels.
The desired candidate must be;
- Vigilant, attentive
- Analytical minded
- A leader