Stores And Logistics Officer:
Stores and Logistics Officer:
Responsible for providing a comprehensive inventory control system encompassing requirements, analysis, projected parts forecasts and ensuring materials availability at all times to meet scheduled maintenance in accordance with the given budgets.
- To ensure that the inventory control levels (re-order, minimum and maximum level etc) for notables and consumable items are optimized to prevent over and under stocking.
- Maintenance of a comprehensive item register including their prices to provide instant information as required.
- To assist in regular physical stock checking and stock taking and preparation of stock reports for management.
- Follow up on notable issues to aircraft on maintenance at third parties to ensure early return of removed items for transfer or repair.
- Maintain relationships with manufacturers and vendors
- Receipt, binning, issue, dispatch and return of materials to and from the stores including tools and unserviceable materials related to maintenance activities.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Maintenance
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of HND in Storekeeping, Purchasing and supply, logistics or related subject. Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience, preferably in an aviation environment
- Detailed knowledge of ATA coding
- An understanding of the safety and reliability issues surrounding aircraft components and systems, parts certification, technical publications, company publications related to the storage of aircraft parts, dangerous goods handling , and parts distribution and segregation requirements.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and data entry
Proven team skills.