Social Media Manager
Green TV Ghana
1 - 3 Years
Social Work Jobs
Minimum Media Certificate
·Designing and implementing the Company’s content strategy
·Creating relevant content for posting
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal audience
- Direct all social media traffic on to company’s website
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, videos and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Setup streaming for programmes broadcast
- Monitor, listen and respond to issues of online radio and live streaming.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (i.e. social media timeline cover pages, profile pictures, advertising, landing pages and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social advertising campaigns.
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns.
- Submit weekly report of work flow to superior per company’s reporting systems and format.
- Enter daily log sheet
- You are expected to work for a minimum period of 50 hours in a week.
- A day off duty
- Working hours will consist of day duties, half days, and night schedules.
- You will be required to perform less hours or additional hours depending on work schedules assigned by your superior
What to expect
- It is likely you will be paired at times as some jobs involve working in teams, although you may also work alone on occasions.
- Design work often involves sitting and working at a computer for long periods of time.
- Job satisfaction comes from creating high-quality artwork and building a solid reputation. You will also be able to use your creative powers to solve problems.
Apart from technical and drawing skills, you will need to show:
- passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair
- a flexible approach when working in a team
- excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs
- good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues
- time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
- accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing designs
- being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs
- Effective networking skills to build contacts
- the ability to think logically
- a good memory of how software and operating systems work
- excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- problem solving skills