Medical Affairs Manager
Description: A leading multinational pharmaceutical company seeks a self-motivated and dynamic Medical Affairs Manager to provide technical support to drive both the internal teams and external customers in communicating the product or service message and also provide assistance in dissemination of technological information regarding current products to regulating agencies and health care professionals. The ideal candidate must possess doctor of medicine (M.D.) and possibly a master of business administration (MBA) or a master of health care administration (MHA).
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Informational services - to act as disease experts, educating department members, seeing that consumer questions are addressed, and providing informational services to health care providers in the community. Medical affairs also formulates publications plans, and the reporting of pivotal trial results to the relevant regulatory agencies at scientific meetings and through journal articles.
- Regulatory review - to work with regulatory affairs and the legal department to ensure that all written documents are accurate and adhere to the guidelines mandated by the relevant Government Agencies.
- Liaison to health care professionals and professional organizations, and disease state advocacy groups.
- Thought leader development - to provide information and other supports to persons who are recognized experts in their fields.
- Supporting marketing - to provide the scientific input and expertise in the design and construction of all promotional materials and events.
- R & D - responsible for all stages of clinical development including study design, initiation and monitoring.
- Post market drug safety functions - to handle drug safety, reviewing individual adverse event reports, aggregate adverse event statistics, and sometimes even talking with customers about drug safety.
The Africa Area Medical Affairs Manager has responsibilities at different levels.
- Medical training: training medical Representatives on the pathology and physiology of the products.
- Management of KOL: helping to establish a portfolio of KOLs, develop the professional relationship with the KOLs and Lobbying.
- Medical support for scientific events (symposiums, CME, round tables ...).
- Provide continuous medical updates as well as resources for the company's projects.
- Collaboration in the design and implementation of the medico-marketing plan.
- Medical validation of the positioning and the communication strategy, training and promotional documents (Visual Aids, training and communication kit, technical sheets, etc.).
- Contribute to prepare the therapeutic form in collaboration with the regulatory department for the registration of products.
- Carried out post-marketing, observational, non-interventional studies and epidemiological surveys in collaboration with the headquarters DAM.
- Pharmacovigilance training, receipt and follow-up of notifications.
- Organization of sessions of evaluation on medical knowledge of the sales force (Medical Quiz).
- Responsible for medical information at the Ministry of Health.