Office Admin Information
Office & Admin
1 - 3 Years
• A Diploma in Library and Information Science, Records management or Archive Management or a related field from a certified University • Two years (2) relevant working experience • Advanced knowledge in Microsoft excel • High level of integrity and confidentiality • Excellent organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision • Good communication and interpersonal skills • Good leadership skills • IT literacy
Job title: Records Officer
Job Location: Accra
- Reports to the Human Resource Manager
- Maintain and manage the records room of the HR Department
- Oversee the management of electronic and/or paper-based documents and files
- Advises on and implements new records management policies and classification system
- Carries out documentation on new recruits and issues staff ID numbers
- Creates personnel files for newly hired staff and receives staff details and files them
- Facilitate the development of filing systems and maintaining these to meet administrative, legal and financial requirements
- Makes photocopies of letters and distributes copies appropriately and then makes arrangements for delivery of external copies.
- Files all correspondence on employees status i.e. dismissal, termination, resignation acceptance, invitation to hearing, outcome of hearing, excuse duty form, annual leave application, suspension, promotion, demotion, pay review etc.
- Updates the files in the records room periodically i.e. archive inactive files after every two years.
- Prepares submits reports of newly hired employees to the Human Resource Manager and submit a cumulative report at month end.
- Carries out employee files audit and submit report to HR Manager on quarterly basis
- Effectively listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing and providing relevant and timely support with feedback information to HRM.
- Proper filing of personnel records and other related documents. Neat and arranged
- Assist staff in other departments on the management of the records and information
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualification and Requirement
- A Diploma in Library and Information Science, Records management or Archive Management or a related field from a certified University
- Two years (2) relevant working experience
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft excel
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- IT literacy