Technical Advisor- Family Planning
Other Jobs Information
TECHNICAL ADVISOR- FAMILY PLANNING
Our client, a global health Non-Governmental Organization with the aim of improving the health of people in developing countries is seeking to hire a proactive Technical Advisor-Family Planning to support their operations in Ghana.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and program oversight and direction in the areas of family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH).
- Provide technical leadership in the FP Social Marketing program.
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs.
- Participate in Training of Channels of distribution for the
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed indicators, and institutes improvements to processes.
- Maintains a relationship with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies and other NGOs.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures that project implementation remains technically sound.
- Contributes to planning and making recommendations for department/program/project concept, operations, and/or implementation.
- Influences design and scope of FP initiatives and programs.
- Reviews, analyses and evaluates the effectiveness of programs/projects and makes recommendations for enhancements.
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Represents the organization to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Coordinates with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field for situations that is less routine and more unusual.
- At least 3 years’ experience providing support as a midwife
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Midwifery Studies
- A Medical Certificate will be an advantage
- Project Management Experience.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to build strong and long-term relationship and networks.
- Ability to give clear advice to employees at all levels and consultants and to interpret policies correctly and constructively so as to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Team member
- Attention to detail and accuracy