Research And Development Assistant
To plan, perform, and monitor all activities related to research & development, design, and testing of our products, incorporating technology, value engineering, and cost reduction measures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Research & Development
- Resume responsibility for the whole research and development process starting from product concept, preparing prototype sample, laboratory testing, and final approval to invest in the developed product.
- To develop technical studies according to commercial, technical and economic constraints
- To choose the optimal manufacturing process for all packaging, which is under development in order to ensure its smooth transition through the machines
- To technically assist our clients’ commercial departments in defining suitable packaging
- To manage the Research & Development Department including the production of samples, the plotter table as well any other assigned equipment
- To ensure the prompt placing of orders for cliché/die cuts with suppliers and also to ensure the prompt supply of the clichés/die cuts to the Production Department with any relevant information
- Assess the requirements for new products based on the market needs in cooperation with Sales department and selected customers sample.
- Improving our product range and keeping the product range up to date with the new trends in technology and phase out obsolete products.
- Coordinate with concerned departments to update the product range with the developed product, e.g. Sales to promote the product, Design and Engineering for drawings and specifications, Materials Department for sourcing suppliers and procurement, etc.
- Perform complete review, verification, and validation for new products to ensure conformity to requirement and fitness for use.
- Assist in updating the company catalogues and brochures.
- Submit periodical reports to management showing the status of R&D progress.
Laboratory & Lighting Application Design
- Oversee all activities of laboratory testing, maintaining proper link and coordination between R&D, product design, testing and validation activities.
- Oversee all lighting application design activities.
- Issuance of periodical updates on new lighting products trends to all concerned.
- Keeping laboratory and lighting application design facilities to the up to date technology
Design & Engineering (optional future plan)
- Maintain close coordination with R&D to introduce new products to our product range, creating all necessary drawing, item master, catalogue drawing, etc.
- Oversee the Design and Engineering planning activities, manage & coordinate the work among work groups.
- Oversee the design review, verification and validation for the new products, to ensure conformity to specifications and fitness for use.
- Oversee the evaluation of new components in accordance with design specification in coordination with Purchase and Quality Assurance Departments.
- Oversee the new part number, bill of material and routing creation, and CNC programming process.
- Establish product design reviews with the aim of simplifying the manufacturing operations, reducing manufacturing cost and possibility of product standardization.
University degree in Architecting, Electrical Engineering or higher.
- At least 5 years’ experience in R&D and lighting technology field.
- Speaks French and English an advantage but not a must
- Quality and production experience with strong designer background
- Manufacturing experience in a carton company
- In-depth understanding of paper compositions, design, color combinations and carton in general
- Knowledge of national and international lighting standards.
- Familiar with sheet metal work, welding, casting, and other manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with lighting fixtures' testing procedures and standards, e.g. photometric test, IP test, Thermal test, Endurance test, UV test, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding data collection, analysis, and documentation skills.
- Leadership and Managerial skills.
- Computer literate, proficient in using Microsoft office, modelling and drafting software’s.