Sales Marketing Information
Sales & Marketing
5 - 10 Years
Social Work Jobs
Applicants must have relevant strong professional experience in event management. Experience of working in a busy, high pressured environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects. Excellent administration and organisational skills. Pro-active and show initiative. Strong IT skills. Ability to negotiate (usef in cost-management as well as stragetic negotiations with event partners). Ability to work well under pressure. Determination to ensure successful events, willingness to undertake a wide range of tasks to this end. This job requires some flexible working at weekends, evenings and trips on site. Creative and aesthetic judgement
- Working with customers and clients to understand their preference and event requirements.
- Identification and booking of all supplier, e.g. venue operators, caterers, décor, entertainment, audio-visual providers, etc.
- Liaising with local councils, venues and other suppliers so that all elements for an event are properly booked, organised and accounted for.
- Project planning for each event, including budgeting. Monitoring against plan, including ticket sales.
- Management and oversight of event ticketing and participants arrangements.
- Organisation and purchase of all event materials needed.
- Creation and copy writing of all communications with press and marketing.
- Recruitment and oversight of events assistant with regards to handling event implementation and enquiries.
- Recruit and co-ordinate staffing of events and supervise temporary staff and volunteers.
- On the day of an event, to lead the team on the ground for event setup through to completion.
- Event concept creation, e.g. themes, message, purpose. From event participants to food suppliers and participant photographers, the event manager is there to craft a winning event experience.
One Airport Square, Airport City, Accra