Tour Planner (Coordinator Role) At A Reputable Travel Agency
This position will be supporting the overall mission of creating an authentic travel experience for visitors and a sustainable developmental footprints in local communities through tourism. Job responsibilities will consist of:
- Building partnership with ventor like hotels, car rental, tourism sites and local communities.
- Use professional knowledge to answer questions from holidaymakers and to fulfil their expectations of the tour through our ChatLive platform.
- Make sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that accommodation, meals and service are satisfactory.
- Organise entry to attractions and transport, such as car hire and best routes and occasionally make accommodation bookings on proposed dates
- Organise and attend tourism events, conferences, workshops, seminars and exhibitions.
- Write weekly reports and maintain records to the Manager.
- Assist clients with passport and immigration issues
- Be the main contact person between the potential client and the company
- Convert personal travel wishes into tailor-made travel proposals
- Ensure all necessary steps are being taken from the inquiry, booking, execution to evaluation of the tour
- Handle feedback and complaint in a professional manner
- Act as a liaison between the office and the field staff (drivers, guides and freelancers)
- Be flexible to work outside office hours if necessary
- Optimize tour handling and other administrative procedures
- Assist in new product development
- Collating newsletters and sending monthly e-newsletters to members.
- Being actively involved in Director sub-group meetings, such as Marketing, Websites & Social Media and Finance, pro-actively contributing initiatives, taking Minutes and progressing actions
- Must be at least a degree holder ( Tourism will be a plus).
- Effective organization and time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in high-pressure situations
- Must have proving ability to work independently, efficient under very low supervision.
- Must be willing to travel 70% of the time and flexible with working hours.
- Should have a driving license with at least 3 years of driving experience.
- Must have an experience in Working with foreigners either through NGO projects or tourism
- Must be extremely friendly and good English speaker and writer. ( A second international language will be a plus).
- In-depth knowledge of all tourist sites and other tourism offerings in Ghana.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Ability to create accurate budgets for trips.
This position has a direct correlation to the communities that we work with - the goal to use tourism to empower deprived communities!
- Salary -GHS 700 - GHS1200 depending on experience.
- All work related travel expenses will be paid for.
- Health Insurance
- Laptop computer provided for work if needed
- Internet and airtime allowance provided on a monthly bases
- Vacation and holidays according to the labor laws of Ghana
- An opportunity to create value that improves other people’s lives