A woman and her son perished whilst property worth several thousands of Ghana Cedis were destroyed when fire gutted a house at Tarkwa-Maakro in Kumasi.
The deceased, Mrs.
Comfort Afua Birago, a 30-year old seamstress and her six-year old son, Teddy Opoku died when they were trapped in their room during the fire outbreak.
The bodies of the deceased, which were burnt beyond recognition had since been buried.
The Suame Police in Kumasi told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that the cause of the fire, which started at about 2 a.
on Saturday is yet to be known.
According to the Police, no sooner had the fire started than it swept through almost all the rooms in the house, killing the deceased in the process.
The Police, in collaboration with the Fire Personnel had launched full-scale investigations into the incident.
An eye witness told the GNA during a visit to the house that, a three-year-old daughter of Mrs.
Birago was however, rescued when some neighbours broke into the room in the course of the fire outbreak in an attempt to bring them to safety.