QuickBooks Enterprise - Multi-Store/Multiple Inventory Site
Pc Programs Information
Advanced Inventory gives even more power to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions when tracking inventory. You can use 1 or more of these features available in Advanced Inventory:
- Multiple Inventory Sites
- Lot/Serial Numbers
Multiple Inventory Sites:
Multiple Inventory Sites tracks inventory you store at different sites or locations. For example, you might store inventory at different warehouses, stores, shops, in multiple trucks, in different areas within a warehouse, at consignment locations, or at outside manufacturers.
- Keep track of how much inventory (number of units and dollar value) you store at each site
- Set site-specific reorder points so you know when to reorder inventory at each site.
- Purchase items for a specific site
- Sell items from a specific site
- Transfer items between sites
- Build assemblies using parts from different sites
- Run site-specific reports
Serial and lot numbers:
When you subscribe to Advanced Inventory, you can track serial numbers or lot numbers.
FIFO (first in, first out) is a method of calculating the value of inventory sold and on-hand. When you turn FIFO on, QuickBooks calculates inventory values based on the assumption that the first inventory items received are the first sold.