Practical Cost Estimate For Engineering And Capital Projects
Traning Program Information
Maxim Project Services Ltd.
PRACTICAL COST ESTIMATING FOR ENGINEERING AND CAPITAL PROJECTS COURSE
A successful project starts with a well-founded estimate of the costs. Yet, cost estimating is a fundamental challenging task for project owners, consultants and contractors. This in-depth course focuses on approaches to estimating for engineering and capital projects. Participants will receive instruction on the cost estimating process, principles and procedures based on best practices. In addition, they will learn step-by-step process for developing accurate and realistic project cost estimates that withstand the scrutiny of customers and senior management and form a baseline for tight cost control.
Participants will also benefit from seasoned advice on avoiding pitfalls, mistakes and inaccuracies that can spell the difference between failure and success in any project.
- Become familiar with the cost estimating process
- Understand cost estimating concepts
- Understand the basic knowledge to prepare, evaluate and validate cost estimates
- Acquiring a framework to identify major cost risks and to determine appropriate contingency
Who Should Attend
The Cost Estimating course is suitable for everyone who is part of any team that executes capital projects. The course is aimed at: project managers/directors, finance project executives/managers, project engineers, quantity surveyors, cost estimators, project cost engineers, discipline leads, members of the purchase department, members of a tendering team and all who are involved in capital projects, cost estimation, cost control and planning, and contract review in their organizations.
- Overview of Cost Estimating
- Estimating Methodologies
- The Cost Estimating Process
- Estimating Engineering Costs
- Estimating Equipment Costs
- Estimating Material Costs
- Labour Cost Estimating (Workhours, Craft and Crew Rates Determination)
- Indirects (General Conditions) Analysis
- Cost Risk, Uncertainty and Contingency
- Estimating Escalation Costs
Continued Professional Development Units
As a Ghana Institution of Surveyors (GhIS) Approved Educational Service Provider, our courses are pre-approved by GhIS and are eligible for Professional Development Unit (PDU) credits. Attendees would earn Continuous Professional Development (CPD) credit hours which can be used for completing their CPD Recorders toward renewal of their professional certificates.
- GH¢ 1,000.00
- Fees includes course binder containing copies of presentation slides, templates, certificate of participation, professional networking, lunch and refreshments.
Payment can be made into the Account details below and submit the pay-in-slip for official receipt
- Bank Name: GCB Bank
- Account Name: Maxim Project Services Ltd
- Branch: High Street
- Account Number: 1011130002777
- Swift Code: GHCBACGH
Date: July, 30 and 31, 2019
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Venue: Institute of Local Government Studies Auditorium, Madina Estates, Accra
Moses Nkuah, MEng, MBA, FGhIS, FRICS, CCP, PMP
For Registration Contact (For registration form)
Name: Mrs. Helena Ayivor, GhIS Secretariat, Accra
Phone: 0208 544383