Account Payable Officer
Accountant Jobs Information
3 - 5 Years
GH¢3,000.00 - GH¢4,000.00
University Degree Professional qualification desirable *Minimum 3years’ experience in Finance preferably in a manufacturing environment* Good knowledge of relevant Accounting, Legal and Tax framework Strong communication skills PC literate; advanced Excel and PowerPoint Experience in relevant financial reporting tools is desirable Proficient level of English is required
Purpose of the job
- To monitor and enforce internal controls over the payment and payables function.
- To process payments vouchers
- To maintain relevant accounts payable ledgers and prepare supporting reconciliations/schedules.
- Receive, book, analyze, and prepare summaries for all pending bills/invoices payable.
- Perform pre-audit of all payments including checking authorization/approval for purchase, matching purchase orders with invoices, vouching/checking accuracy of invoices.
- Prepare payment vouchers and process invoices for payments.
- Properly analyze and code all invoices and post to the correct ledger accounts.
- Maintain suppliers’ ledger.
- Prepare reconciliations and supporting schedules for all accounts payables ledgers including prepayments, advances to suppliers, provisions and accruals.
- Check and match all checks issued to approved payment vouchers daily before closing.
- Perform audit/investigations into unusual transactions
Kojo Thompson Road