Financial Manager- Tamale
Accountant Jobs Information
1 job purpose/ overview
Our Client is currently experiencing distribution expansion and sales growth. The Finance Manager in Tamale will be responsible for working with the Head of Finance and the financial team as well as with the Managing Director to supervise and improve all elements of the financial management, accounting, closing, and reconciliation processes. This position will report to the Head of Finance and will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
The role will focus on five areas:
Reporting: Providing timely reporting to the key decision makers, including cash management, bank reconciliation, payroll and statutory payments, and general administrative expenses. It is also required a close follow up and reporting on the payment to the groups (collectors and processors) as well as premium processing and payment.
Planning: Improve the budgeting and forecasting process and help instill this discipline in the Tamale office.
Accounting: One important area of focus will be inventory and cost accounting. This is a critical position in the Finance organization in this dynamic and fast-growing company.
HR and Administration: Plan, organize, provide leadership, and control all basic administrative and HR functions and ensure that human and material resources are correctly utilized.
- Responsible for certification premiums, FFL Development funds and the day to day running costs of the company and all day-to the -day administration of Tamale office (local logistics – transport and vehicle maintenance contract management, office maintenance, utilities, courier, and communication);
- Ensure Timely & Accurate Record Keeping/Reporting – Implement month end financial close process of Tamale office administration.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly Bank reconciliation statements of Tamale bank office. Liaise, when needed, with external auditors to ensure audit is completed in a timely and efficient manner, set meetings for audits, create a mutual beneficial relationship with external auditors.
- Create a good relationship with all our bankers. Supervise the provision of daily bank balances of Tamale bank account, present a hard copy to Head of Finance to advice.
- Develop financial templates for use (proficiency in Excel is preferred).
- Ensure MIS entries are done on time, not later than one week after month end.
- Prepare the monthly payroll and statutory payments (PAYE, SSNIT).
- Prepare monthly payments with GRA (VAT, WTH).
- Support monthly financial processes, reporting and analysis to ensure transactions are properly recorded on the financial statements.
- Implement, document, and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Safeguard the company’s assets and establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure conformance with International GAAP and other laws/regulations of Ghana.
- Involved in interviewing and hiring of staff and development of plans/strategies/goals and objectives for the HR program.
- Review and update all HR issues such as health and safety policies and ensure they are observed.
- Plan and monitor the appraisal of employee work results.
- Hear and resolve employee grievances.
- Inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends.
- Design and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
2 Desired Candidate Skills & Experience
The qualified candidate will not only possess a proven track record in finance and accounting but will also demonstrate a sincere passion for working within a high-performance, mission-driven organization. We seek a candidate with a passion for personal and company growth and the following skills and experiences:
- Degree/Masters in Accounting with 5 years of finance management and accounting experience.
- Industry experience in goods manufacturing is preferred.
- Full engagement with Our Client’s mission and business model.
- Full commitment to business objectives and deadlines.
- Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to work with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal resilience and a desire to win in the marketplace.
Based in Tamale, but available to visit other field production sites in Ghana