Accountant Jobs Information
5 - 10 Years
A degree in accounting, HND (Accounting Option), or its equivalent
Location: Drobonso, Sekyere Afram Plains District, Ashanti Region, Ghana
Job type: Full-Time
Reports to: Finance and Human Resources Manager
Duties shall include but not limited to assist in the following:
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Ensure new recruits are setup on the payroll system (i.e. Setup all applicable earnings and deductions e.g. Duty allowance, Provident Fund etc.)
- Support the entire payroll functions and ensure that all pay groups (e.g. employees and governmental agencies – GRA & SNNIT) are paid accurately and Timely.
- Prepare monthly Basic salary reconciliation for all pay groups and payment requisitions for approval.
- Support the full implementation of the statutory laws, policies, the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve inquiries from Human Resources, Government Agencies and employees.
- Assist in the generation and distribution of payroll reports as required. (E.g. pay slips, bank listings, leave accruals, general ledger, social security, tax, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4)
- Assist in managing Employee payroll, Leave, Back Pay, Annual Bonus, Month End etc
- Design a compensation package based on business goals and strategy
- Create a consistent compensation guideline that matches our work and organizational culture
- Create and analyze job descriptions evaluations and classifications
- Conduct salary and labor market research to define benchmarks
- A degree in Accounting, HND (Accounting option) or its equivalent.
- At least Five years in a similar role including assisting or managing the HR oversight of a company of 200 or more people
- Ability to interpret the accounting standards
- Good in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint presentation. Must have significant proficiency in spreadsheets.
- Maintain confidentiality at work
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to implement internal control policies effectively
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with all stakeholders
- Respond to requests and inquiries from line management and employees effectively and timeously
Verostina House, Community 18