Corporate Finance Executive- ( Treasury & Compliance)
Corporate Finance Executive-( Treasury & Compliance)
Our client, a global business with a proud history and an exciting future is looking to hire a proactive Corporate Finance Executive ( Treasury & Compliance) to support their operations in Ghana.
Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial results of the company to all interested groups, ensuring compliance with relevant local legislation and supporting the strategic objectives of the company.
To provide support in the financial accounting and reporting process of the company in the areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Fixed Assets, T&E, Inter-company, Treasury and General accounting.
The ideal candidate will be involved in:
- General Ledger (GL) Management - Reconciliation and review of all GL related balance sheet/P&L accounts and forecast of the Company. Preparation of GL related balance sheet account schedules and coordinate the collection of all other accounts from other custodians and ensure records management.
- Treasury Management – Bank reconciliation and clearing of open items. Execution of payment instructions and coordination of vendor payments with the Company’s banks. Review of cash & balance sheet forecast on a periodic basis to ensure effective working capital management.
- Month-end closure & reporting - Periodic closure of the company's books of account. Ensure the accurate completion of financial management reports. Prepares commentaries of key drivers of actual vs. Plan financials.
- Compliance & Performance review – Ensuring procedural compliance with all controls and policies that ensure all Key Performance Indicators are positive.
- Royalties and Technical & Advisory Fees - Ensure that both Royalties and T&A calculation and payment through treasury are carried out in a timely and accurate manner. And liaise with auditors for sign off.
- Provide general financial information and assistance to employees.
- Engage stakeholders appropriately to ensure smooth running of the unit.
- Ensure participation of self and team members in trainings aimed at adding value to the unit, department and Company
- Build and equip the potentials and competencies of team members while attending to areas requiring attention
- Improve the exiting level of relationship between the unit and its stakeholders
- Ensure that the Company’s internal control environment with respect to the company’s financial record on intercompany /fixed assets are efficient and effective
- Create an atmosphere in which all team members can perform to their optimum
- Build and Maintain lasting relationships with all leaders in the company to facilitate a smooth running of financial accounting activities.
- Ensure that the unit optimises the use of IT technology in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the unit
- Optimise the use of Information Technology to ensure knowledge management within the unit
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accountancy
- Member of a recognized professional accountancy body
- A good knowledge of book keeping and financial reporting
- Good knowledge of company Enterprise Resource Programme (ERP), systems and procedures (SAP) especially General Ledger in F1 Module is essential.
- Ability to deliver results on time
- Ability to deliver quality information to enhance informed decision-making by management
- Familiar with key finance processes, corporate finance, account payable and receivables and financial recording
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Integrated Accounting Software and PC applications such as Microsoft suite and an ERP (SAP preferably).
- Good proficiency in MS office mainly in Microsoft Excel.
- At least 3 years’ practical experience in both Financial and Management Accounting in FMCG preferably