Accountant (Water Bottling Factory)
Purpose of Position:
To manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
To audit financial documents and procedures, reconcile bank statements and calculate tax payments and returns.
To provide the business with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows, while ensuring obedience to all tax regulations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Liaise with HR to ensure effective operation and understanding of Time and Attendance systems to efficiently run payroll.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Min –BSc (Accounting & Finance or a related field)
Ideal – Any Professional certification eg ACCA, CIMA
Min – 1 year on the job training Ideal – 2 years on the job training.
2-3 years as an Account Officer
- Good computer knowledge.
- Deadline Oriented
- Reporting skills
- Time management
- Data Entry Management
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the functioning
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details / meticulous
- Proven Leadership skills
- Good negotiation skills
(Verbal and written – demonstrate ability to convey & receive information to both internal and external Customers and Management clearly, logically and coherently)
Planning & Organizing
(Demonstrate ability to organize own tasks correctly and to use available resources in organizing own tasks and monitor same effectively)
Negotiating & Influencing
(Demonstrate ability to identify, engage, persuade and convince management on issues to the benefit of the organisation)
(Demonstrate dedication in following laid down standards and processes to achieve assigned tasks)
(Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, customers and Management)