The Senior Accountant contributes to the success of the finance unit through the achievement of the following critical tasks:
• Oversee and assist to ensure ALL accounting entries accurately reported the system.
o Account Payables management:
▪ Vendor account creation, invoices vetting and capturing in the system.
▪ Vendor payments and accounts reconciliation
▪ All vendor tax deductions and statutory remittances
▪ Generate the monthly AP register duly reconciled to GL
o Accounts Receivables:
▪ Customer/ Patients accounts creation, invoices and collections capturing into the system.
▪ Corporate & Insurance patients invoicing and accounts reconciliation.
▪ Processing of claims and application of credits and refunds on patients’ accounts
▪ Generate the monthly Debtors/AR register duly reconciled to GL
o Inventory Management:
▪ Purchase Orders are duly issued and authorized.
▪ Supplies are correctly entered into the system.
▪ Consumables and medications used during the month be accurately dispensed from the system
▪ Oversee the monthly stock count and reconciliation to the GL.
▪ Generate the monthly AR register duly reconciled to GL
o Maintain monthly reporting files for reconciliation.
o Supervise the monthly/ weekly bank reconciliation.
o Monitor daily treasury and provide weekly treasury reporting for effective cashflow decision making.
o Ensure all statutory taxes and deductions are duly remitted ahead of deadlines.
o Ensure accuracy in the posting of ALL prepayments, accruals and fixed assets purchases in register.
o Implement & monitor the monthly overhead expenses and margin analysis for justification.
o Generate the month end files for review and reconciliation and timely reporting.
• Audit and Statutory laws regulation monitoring
o To stand as a representative of the company during all statutory audits such as Year-end financial audit,
Tax audits, SSNIT audits, PACI audit etc
o Constantly monitor and keep up to date on the local regulation (GRA, GAAP, IFRS, etc.).
o Keep the CFO informed on any regulation change and adapt the affiliate policies/processes
Specific knowledge required:
• Proficiency in finance accounting techniques
• Proficiency in IFRS 16 & GAAP laws
• Proficiency in accounting packages (i.e., SAGE)
• Ability to operate in a multicultural environment
• Proven track record in financial management, preferably 5+ years
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Previous experience in the healthcare industry a distinct advantage