Assistant Financial Controller (Hospitality)
3 - 5 Years
Other Professional Qualification
Accounting Degree or ACCA
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for understanding and having a working knowledge of all areas in accounting and being able to assist or cover a position if needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that local legislation and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations during month-end closing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all journal entries are accurate and have been signed off before posting.
- Responsible for ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are in good order and up to date.
- Responsible for preparing or overseeing the preparation of all tax returns.
- Responsible for ensuring that all fees are calculated accurately and comply with the Management Agreements.
- Responsible for assisting the Controller with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for performing any controller tasks during his absence.
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, counselling, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of the Accounting staff.
- Responsible for assisting department heads with making relevant and accurate decisions on financial matters.
- Responsible for continuously looking for improvements and ways to enhance efficiencies.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the controller and assisting in all areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with the controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Accounting Degree or ACCA
- 5+ years in an accounting management position
- 2+ years as Assistant Financial Controller
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach always
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Works in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles, PCI DSS, and local regulations
- Experience in reporting, forecasting, and budgeting