Internal Audit Officer
Accounting Administrator Information
5 - 10 Years
REQUIREMENTS • Should possess a Degree in Accounting or ACCA II or similar or higher. • Should have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an Audit Personnel. COMPETENCIES • Should be attentive to details, collaborative and driven to deliver. • Should have the ability to work in a team. • Should be a fast learner and easily adaptable to new and changing environment. • Should be a self-motivator • Should be abreast with the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Pre-auditing of all intended purchases of company assets, vehicle parts and accessories before approval and payment to ensure compliance with related company policies as well as accuracy of figures.
Revenue & expenditure transactions Audit
- Visits to company workshops to monitor activities in respect of fuel purchases, repairs and servicing works to be carried out and submit weekly and monthly reports to Management.
- Carry out inspections and audit of monthly reconciliation statements prepared by the Accounts Department and report on any anomaly.
- Audit imprest returns of all branches of the company on daily and weekly basis and report accordingly.
- Verify invoices sent to ascertain whether the required rates have been used for billing and submitted on time to clients.
- Verify whether all payments made went through the normal process before effected.
- Audit receipts and payments and to confirm whether proper records have been kept on them.
- Monitoring and controlling of departmental expenditures using weekly budgetary control reports.
- Monitoring and auditing of repairs and maintenance as well as spare parts and other purchases of all the branches of the company.
- Preparing and managing approved list of prices of spare parts and their suppliers and the strict adherence to the list during purchases.
- Ensuring that all management directives and policies are complied with in the daily operational, administrative and financial transactions of the company at all times.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the expenditure approval limits of the various approving authorities within the company.
Fuel and lubricant consumption
- Monitoring of vehicle movements, control and log books to ensure proper control of vehicle usage.
- Monitoring and checking of daily fuel and lubricant consumption of all company vehicles.
- Checking and vetting of daily fuel returns.
- Reconciliation of weekly and monthly statements on fuel and lubricant transactions with fuel vendors.