Director Of Finance
Accounting Administrator Information
The Director of Finance is responsible to the Vice Chancellor of the University.
The Position/Job Description
The Director of Finance shall be:
- the chief accounts officer of the University and the chief financial advisor to the Vice Chancellor
- responsible for the administration of the financial affairs of the University that shall ensure its financial health and he/she shall exercise direct superintendence over all accounts officers
- responsible for collecting all legitimate revenue due the University
- in control of expenditure in line with the University's objectives and budgets
- responsible for the preparation of the annual budget of the University for presentation to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation
- responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the University are drawn up in accordance with Technical University Act 2016, (Act 922), the Harmonised Statutes, applicable accounting standards and all other regulations approved by the University as well as all other relevant national laws and regulations
- responsible for the preparation of the annual operating budget of the University and shall present same through the Vice Chancellor to Council for approval,
- responsible for liaising with the appointed external auditors to get the University's financial statements audited
- required to perform any other official functions assigned by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
Terms of Appointment
- The Director of Finance shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application, for another term of four (4) years only.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing council of the University, consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922) as amended, the status of Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for the Technical Universities in Ghana.
How to Apply
- Applicant should submit an application letter and a statement of not more than 4 pages (Time New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining his/her vision for the Finance Directorate of the University and strategies for implementation
- Applicant must show clear evidence of ability to hold schedule(s) without supervision.
- Applicant should attach CV including names and addresses of 3 referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant
- All applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Search Committee
- Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by a courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also be submitted using email to the address below:
Search Committee for Director of Finance
C/o Office of the Senior Assistant Registrar (HR)
Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University
P.O. Box 553