Internal Auditor Needed
Accounting Analyst Information
As the Internal Auditor, you have a unique opportunity to perform various tasks, such as construction project audits, operational audits, internal controls testing, and enterprise risk management mitigation efforts. You are therefore required to be dynamic, and fast-paced, leveraging your risk management and relationship management skills by partnering with our employees, management, and other stakeholders to drive value.
- Identify financial, operational, and compliance risks through assurance and consulting.
- Support planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of audits based on identified risk.
- Interpret the significance of audit findings, draw conclusions from findings, and make practical recommendations for remediation.
- Assess new processes or changes to existing processes to identify financial, operational, or compliance risks.
- Communicate with and educate process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of the team.
- Evaluate financial documents for accuracy Identify accounting and financial record-keeping processes that can be improved.
- Perform field audits of construction projects quarterly.
- Prepare audit plans and work papers for each construction project audit engagement
- Perform fieldwork to include, but not limited to, (1) testing of internal controls, policies, and regulations and (2) review of owner contracts for adverse clauses and test for non-compliance
- Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to discuss scope, audit findings, and action plans.
- Communicate findings timely, and track the follow-up and reporting of findings until they are remediated;
- Consolidate audit findings to identify trends and root causes for enterprise risk mitigation recommendations and reporting.
- Evaluate compliance with regulations
- Execute detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, and policies & procedures to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Determine ways to cut costs and improve profitability
- Assess the efficiency and productivity of internal staff and make recommendations for improvement
- Review the bidding process and selection of project ensuring the possibility of a budget allocation to execute project
- Monitor and validate completion of risk, compliance, and audit recommended action plans, appraising adequacy of responses and corrective actions implemented.
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and report audit findings.
- Present findings to upper management in the form of reports and presentations
- Access recruitment process is following through in accordance with HR policies
- Ensure health and safety policies are being adhered to
- Makes recommendations for correcting inadequate controls, improving operations, and reducing costs.