Accounting Clerk Information
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Accounts Department
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure regular and timely monthly payment of staff
- Reconcile the accounts of individual clients
- Submit monthly performance reports to the Management
- Prepare tax computations and returns.
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Develop and implement effective cost control measures
- Ensure that valid proforma and invoices are submitted before items are purchased and valid receipts obtained for the items.
- Responsible for the preparation of management and profit and loss accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested by Management
- Responsible for month and year end adjusting entries
- Responsible for the co-ordination of the budget expenditures of the various departments
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of bills to clients
- Responsible for the co-ordination of the expenditure on various projects
- Responsible for Project Costing
- Liaise with key suppliers to ensure that the Company gets value for money in all transactions.
• Should possess a Degree in Accounting or ACCA II or similar. Masters in same is an added advantage.
• Should have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as an Account Personnel or similar role.
• Should be attentive to details, collaborative and driven to deliver.
• Should have the ability to work in a team.
• Should be a fast learner and easily adaptable to new and changing environment.
- Should be a self-motivator
- Should be abreast with the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Should be abreast with the use of Accounting