Farm Field Supervisor
Administration Jobs Information
Our client a reputable firm in the agricultural industry is seeking for qualified and interested persons to assist in the daily operations of the farm as a FIELD SUPERVISOR.
The successful candidate will ensure all field activities are executed with maximum efficiency and adherence to quality standards. He or she will organise and supervise the harvest team, manage the inventory of crops, and oversee field operations.
- Oversee, execute and achieve monthly, weekly and daily field targets.
- Coordinate various activities such as land preparation, planting, weed control, harvesting, etc.
- Ensure the use of productive and efficient farm techniques to ensure high yields of cultivated herbs.
- Maintain records, plant material inventory, field records and harvest records.
- Liaise with the farm administrator to maintain the inventory of harvested crops.
- Oversee field operations and coordinate with the farm manager
- Ensure that field workers adhere to all safety regulations.
- Order and maintain equipment to ensure the farm is equipped for each season
- Monitor quality of work performed by employees; provide feedback to employees as needed
- Complete any other tasks assigned by management.
- Monitor staff rosters, hours, performance, and resolving
- Confer with managers to coordinate activities with other farm units and any grievances
- Organise and transport livestock and crops
- Ensure and enforce compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
- Oversees the work of farm units and suggests ways to improve
- Inspect farm buildings and equipment, ensure routine maintenance is carried out and repairs are made when necessary
- Install, maintain and monitor the irrigation system