Executive Secretary To A President Of A University ( Male)
Administrative Assistant Information
· Masters’s Degree, preferably in Communication or a business-related field or at least 5 years of experience in an Executive Assistant role.
· Experience in an equivalent role (Executive Assistant for a College/University President, CEO, or similar position)
· Proven ability to handle complex and sensitive functions with discretion
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail. Executive Support Duties:
· Responsible for day-to-day management of the office, including the supervision of an administrative assistant in the president’s office.
· Handles and prioritises incoming issues and demands addressed to the president. Works closely with the president to keep him/her updated on last-minute and changing situations.
· Communicates directly and professionally, and on behalf of the president, to the Council members, community members, campus departments and all interested parties.
· Demonstrates confidence and professionalism in building relationships on behalf of the president. Works closely with the president’s upper administration to confer on business matters, analyze or resolve problems, authorize exceptions, and distribute appropriate information in a timely manner.
· Manages an extremely active calendar of appointments for the president, including all travel, meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, and itineraries. Plan and ensure that the president’s schedule is followed and respected. Prepare all documents related to meetings.
· Schedule the President’s meetings and agendas, take and record the minutes, and distribute all information to team members. Work with team members as needed.
· Responsible for official functions/events hosted by the president, as well as specific College events, either on campus or at the president’s house. The Office of the President hosts approximately ten large campus events per year, and many smaller dinners and receptions.
· Tracking and monitoring presidential and institutional budgets under the auspices of President’s office and informs president of potential areas of concern.
· Prepares correspondence on behalf of the president when appropriate. Processes and responds to letters of inquiry, complaints, resignations, and other types of correspondence that do not require president’s personal attention.
· Manage and administer special projects or events as assigned by the president, such as Strategic Plan planning process, faculty meetings summer schools, hosting conferences and groups. Secondary Support:
· Maintains all exempt personnel files under the Office of the President’s direct reporting units, including annual evaluations and departmental letters.
· Follows campus policy and procedures in regards to Office of the President’s files and documents. Archives appropriate files and documents on an annual basis. Secures a record of the president’s correspondence, presentations, schedules and calendars.
· Arranges and hosts visits from VIP guests to campus.
· Administrative support for consultants hired by the president’s office, including managing the contracts and budgets associated with each.
· Assemble and provide all necessary documents and deliverables to the president for meetings and conferences.
· Prepares all travel documents and itineraries.
· Provides support to the Regiatrar to the Council as needed. Assist with Council responsibilities when required.
· Process daily mail, greet visitors, answer phones, maintain office appearance, order office supplies, schedule maintenance, order gifts, filing and archiving, approving annual and sick leave reports for all direct reports, maintain contact lists, running errands and making deliveries when needed, other duties as assigned.