Administrative Assistant Information
You shall provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office. Support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Handle multiple projects
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Cover the reception desk when required
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Coordinate office procedures
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Answer telephone calls and pass them on