Customer Service Officer
Business Development Information
The Customer Service Officer's responsibility involves the provision of information to customers regarding the products and servcies of the company. He/she also has the responsibility of handling einquiries and resolving
customer complaints; and alsoattends to customer needs via telephone and face-to-
face meetings and serves as the first point of contact in the branch.
- Job specific tasks:
- Provide splendid customer services to customers in a friendly and courteous manner at all times
- Answer the telephone on the second ring and direct it to the appropriate office or attend to the needs of the clients by providing the right answers to their enquires.
- Have sufficient knowledge about the banking products and services and respond to all inquiries accordingly and Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services.
- Improve customers’ banking experience with the bank by ensuring that the customers are attended to promptly and all their challenges are resolved without delay.
- Ensure that all the bank’s policies and procedures, code of conduct and regulatory guidelines are strictly complied with in the process of discharging duties.
- Provide information to customers on their account status and account balances.
- Provide assistance to all other members of staff in other departments of the bank by liaising with them through healthy interactions.
- Establish and promote cordial relationship with customers, ensuring prompt attendance to their inquiries and solving their problems to grant them maximum satisfaction.
- Ensure that customers’ confidential information is properly protected and only used for official purposes.
- Be involved in performing financial related transactions such as keying the day’s transactions using Opitiplus, debiting the Bank with the previous days’ cash balance and assisting in the balancing of the teller’s cash till.
- Verifying FSO’s receipts and repayments booklets and logging in any suspicion in the Error log book.
- Perform data entry duties by keying in customer details and creating individual accounts for them and ensuring that no duplicate account exist for these clients.
- Print out client’s loan agreement Contract and ensure that the right Parties (Guarantor and witness) sign on the agreement contract and proper documents provided by the clients (cheques) are safely kept.
- Call clients whose loan cheques are ready for collection
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in related field
- Strong professional background with no less than 2 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to show results
- Proven administrative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be adept in the use of Internet and E-mail
- Effective listening skills ie ability to listen without interrupting the one speaking.
- Strong communication skills