Business Development Manager
Business Development Information
Responsible for identifying new business opportunities and closing them rapidly, developing customer relationships, developing marketing strategy and tactics and maintaining a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Develop and implement a Business Development strategy.
- Develop new products/services
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients
- Oversee the development of marketing literature
- Providing management with feedback
- Following up new business opportunities
- Provide market intelligence on a regular basis and an understanding of competitor strengths, weaknesses and ongoing sales activities
- Participate and represent the company at key industry/trade events.
- Identify and convert sales leads into new business opportunities.
- Prepare reports to show tasks in progress and scheduled timelines.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establish personal networks, benchmarking state of the art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Five years working experience in a senior management role
- Two years working experience in a similar role