Catering Manager Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
Relevant degree and HND subjects in; Business or management studies Culinary management or culinary arts. Food science technology. Hospitality management. Hotel and catering management. Catering management. Home economics/ nutrition. Key Competencies/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Team working skills. The ability to think on your feet and take initiative. Administrative ability and IT literacy. An appreciation of customer expectations. Ability to work under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Plan menus in consultation with chefs.
- Recruit and Train permanent and casual staff.
- Organise, lead and motivate the catering team.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed.
- Manage the food and beverage provision for functions and events.
- Oversee the day to day running.
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided.
- Keep financial and administrative records.
- Monitor spending levels and assure it is within budget.
- Maintain stock levels and order new supplies as required.
- Liaise with suppliers and clients
- Ensure compliance with all fire, licensing and employment regulations.
- Maximise sales and meet profit and financial expectation
- Plan new promotions and initiatives, and contribute to business development
- Deal with staffing and client issues.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the industry, such as menus or trends in consumer tastes.
Ensure high customer service standards amongst the catering team.
Airport Residential Area
Adomi Link, Airport Residential.