Senior It Engineer
Computer Engineer Information
5 - 10 Years
GH¢5,000.00 - GH¢10,000.00
• BSc. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field from an accredited tertiary institution • Minimum 5 years work experience in IT design, support and pre-sales • IT certifications a plus: o VCP-DCV o Microsoft Technologies Associate Certifications o RHCSA/RHCE, Linux + o OCP, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator
- To build, maintain and support IT infrastructure and Data Centre solutions.
- To provide overall design of Data Centre solutions and mapping of business needs in line with customers systems/technical solutions.
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, software applications.
- Oversees systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Develops expertise to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies.
- Develops standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to end-users.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Provides pre-sales technical advice
- Produces detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
- Provides Technical documentation of solutions offered to customers
- Provides current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives
- Interfaces and coordinates with third party vendors
- Participates in training design, documentation and delivery efforts
- Participates and leads, when needed, the meetings with the customer
- Conducts research into new technologies that apply in the areas of business of the company
- Leads team of project/support engineers that offer second and third line support to customers
- Networking (LAN/WAN) technologies
- Security protocols and firewalls
- Server administrations (Linux/Unix, Solaris, Windows)
- Storage management
- Broad knowledge of IT systems
- Knowledge of Data Centre design/architecture
- Virtualization solutions – VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, Xen server
- Backup Solutions
- Good understanding of modern IT management systems
- Recommend Technologies, Strategies, Policies, and Procedures
- Remain Calm and Patient During Difficult Technical Issues
- Proficient working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP and common services (like HTTP, SSH)
- Familiar with setting up configuring virtual environments (VMware)
- Knowledge of Cyber security threats and vulnerabilities in Ghana and Globally
- Ability to plan, coordinate and follow up to monitor people and work activities
- Project Management
- Good Leadership Skills
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity – being truthful and reliable
- Confidentiality – ability to keep confidential information
- A team player
Airport Residential Area
la bawaleshie road.