Land Surveyors Wanted For A Road Construction Project
Construction Crew Information
The Land Surveyor will be solely responsible for road surveying by making exact measurements and providing relevant data to shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth’s surface for civil engineering and construction projects.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Coordinate findings with the engineers, clients, and others concerned with the projects.
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas,
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
- Determine specifications for photographic equipment to be used for aerial photography
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering and advanced certifications in Land Surveying.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the same role with roads and highways Company.
- Awareness of surveying technologies like (digital mapping, GBS, laser measuring system and CAD programs),
- The ability to work as part of a team.