Drillers Vacancy In A Mining Company
Construction Crew Information
A reputable multinational company with operations in the mining sector and other industries is urgently looking for suitably qualified candidates to join their mining unit. Vacancy: drilling professionals (2).
If you enjoy working outdoors and solving problems with your hands and a basic understanding of machines and science, then a job as a driller with our company could be perfect for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Verify positions and depth of boring locations before drilling to determine if it is safe to move forward with the process.
- Check gauges, monitor drilling condition and pay close attention to equipment to decide if it needs to be altered or adjusted during drilling.
- Use knowledge of soil or rock conditions to determine which drill is appropriate for each job.
- Stop, start and control machine drilling speed and align as well as position drills to stabilize machines.
- Regulate downward pressure, rotary speed and air pressure, depending on the type of material the drill is moving through, changing procedures and settings for each individual job as needed.
- Bore or drill holes in rock for routing, anchoring, blasting or building foundations, working with other members of the crew to ensure accuracy and safety.
- Follow all protocol and standard operating procedures to guarantee safety and compliance on the job site and keep team members safe from injury.
- Position and assemble casing pipes, augers, machines and other equipment with the appropriate hand and power tools.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Should have experience in operating automated Diamond/RC/Auger Drill Rigs and various minerals
- Should be responsible for Spares and Consumables Planning
- Must be fluent in English
- At least 5 years’ experience
- Prior international experience is a plus
- Should have a valid passport