Assistant Tower Crane Operator
Construction Crew Information
1 - 3 Years
Higher National Diploma
A reputable construction firm is looking to hire a Tower Crane Operator.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- Minimum HND in related field
- Minimum three years experience as a tower crane operator.
- Excellent decision-maker
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Good vision
- Ability to know different hand signals and communication style of the tower crane operators.
You will assist the crane tower operator with these duties:
- Load and unload bundles from trucks, and move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, and turn dials to operate cranes, cherry pickers, electromagnets, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, and placing loads.
- Review daily work and delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, and special loading instructions.
- Direct truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays, and cover, uncover, and secure loads for delivery.
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities in order to prevent overload.
- Perform routine maintenance.