Construction Crew Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
A reputable construction firm is looking to hire an Electrician to work with.
Required skills and Qualification:
- Ability to operate equipment used in position.
- Basic computer skills.
- Electrical Installation & Safety Knowledge
- Physical Fitness
- Teamwork and problem-solving abilities
- Perform electrical maintenance and repair work; install/replace fixtures, switches, receptacles and wiring.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment