Materials Engineer For A Construction Project
Construction Engineer Information
We are urgently recruiting hundreds of workers to work on the DANIDA Bridges and Roads Project. The project consists building of 7 bridges and the afferent roads, in three different localities in the Northern regions of Ghana.
Job Location: The project sites are Kulungugu, Garu, Doninga, Sissili, Ambalara, Kulun and other locations, all in northern Ghana.
The Materials Engineer will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction team with respect to all materials submittals, approvals, testing, sampling, etc. He will participate in the quality control of materials including all the laboratory and field testing, acceptance of used materials, checking and accepting all remedial and corrective measures.
- Review and approve (make recommendation for approval by the RE/SRE) of all submitted materials by the contractor.
- Ensure compliance of used materials with the projects specifications;
- Participate in construction quality control.
- Supervise, participate and direct sampling and testing of all materials according to the contract and the specifications.
- Analyze the test results in a timely manner and recommend action to the Snr Construction Manager.
- Maintain records of test results and all taken corrective actions.
- Track and review the site testing and certificates of compliance.
- Ensure very close and clear coordination of his team activities with the other construction supervision staff.
- Follow up and verify implementation of corrective actions.
- BSc Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 postgraduate years of experience and a min. of 5 years of similar work experience on large infrastructure projects.
- Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
- Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
- Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
- Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles.