Cost Engineer ( Real Estates Or Construction Background )
Construction Engineer Information
5 - 10 Years
GH¢5,000.00 - GH¢10,000.00
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred • Full professional society member in related field • 5 to 10-years cost engineering experience with minimum, 3 to 5-years in direct involvement with an active construction project within a contractor organization. • Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale construction projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodologies. • Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and costing, and the ability to communicate progress to both technical and management level personnel • Thorough familiarity and proficiency with MS Office Suite software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). • Ability to work with others. • Self-starter with results-driven focus. • Capability to assume additional responsibilities. • Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment
- Monitor project budgets.
- Drive the implement of a cost management tools and software on existing and new projects.
- Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
- Attend project meetings to provide management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Review task orders for contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary budget and/or contract capacity exists.
- Analyze bid award and change order values against current budget on projects and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.