Snr. Quantity Surveyor
Construction Engineer Information
5 - 10 Years
GH¢4,000.00 - GH¢5,000.00
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred • Full professional society member in related field • 5 to 10-years cost engineering experience with minimum, 3 to 5-years in direct involvement with an active construction project within a contractor organization. • Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale construction projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodologies. • Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and costing, and the ability to communicate progress to both technical and management level personnel. • Strong financial and commercial awareness • Thorough familiarity and proficiency with MS Office Suite software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). • Excellent knowledge on Excel usage • Excellent with numbers • Ability to work with others. • Self-starter with results-driven focus.
- Monitor project budgets.
- Drive the implement of a cost management tools and software on existing and new projects.
- Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
- Attend project meetings to provide management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Review task orders for contractors and sub-consultants to ensure necessary budget and/or contract capacity exists.
- Analyze bid award and change order values against current budget on projects and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
- To effectively perform the essential functions of the job, candidates must meet the following position specifications: