Civil Engineers - 2 Slots (5 Years And 20 Years Exp.)
Construction Engineer Information
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR A CIVIL ENGINEERS
• Completes construction projects by preparing engineering design and documents and confirming specifications.
• Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
• Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
• Determines project costs by calculating labour, material, and related costs.
• Creates feasibility study by analysing engineering design, conducting environmental impact studies, and assembling data.
• Produces engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
• Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, and verifying calculations and placements.
• Fulfils project requirements by training and guiding operators.
• Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains project database by writing computer programs, entering data, and completing backups.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers
• A minimum of five (5) years’ and twenty (20) years' industry experience respectively required
• Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Micro Station
• Ability to think methodically and to manage projects
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with high level of accuracy in calculations and design
• Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met
• Problem solving, negotiating and supervisory skills
• Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on the project.
• Ability to work to deadlines and within budget.
• Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.