Lift Maintenance Technician
Construction Engineer Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
A reputable company in Accra requires the services of a LIFT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN with specialisation in servicing, maintenance & repair of elevators in high rise buildings.
- Master the various repair techniques and always use the correct tools, equipment and technical documentation where necessary.
- Always apply manufacturer directives and safety rules.
- Take charge of the lift being worked on, ensuring that caution signs are always in place on all floors before work starts.
- Perform the requested maintenance and repair works in accordance with the maintenance log card and work order, ensuring that all units removed and changed are in correct working condition. Notify your supervisor by recording all additional works and observations on the maintenance log card and service report book for the necessary actions to be taken.
- Inform your supervisor of any incident that is likely to affect the working condition of the lift for an action to be taken.
- Comply with the manufacturer’s job analysis procedures, record Time In & Time Out, Unit number and site visited on the maintenance log card and service report book, you can request for help from your supervisor when necessary.
- Show initiative by performing small operations and checks that are necessary but not on the log cards.
- Ensure the lift is prepared appropriately (equipment and accessories are reset to normal position with all caution signs removed as well before releasing the lift for normal operation
- Fill the service report book and maintenance log card, ask the client to sign and forward them to your supervisor for control and filing.
- Personal Protective Equipment PPE (shoes, harness, helmets, nose mask, gloves, etc shall always be used while working).