Head Of Maintenance And Transport
Construction Engineer Information
5 - 10 Years
• A minimum degree qualification in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent. • Minimum of 8-10 years as an Engineer (of which at least 5 years are spent in managerial position i.e. Maintenance and Transport Manager or equivalent managerial position). • Experience in planning transport and maintenance operations.
- Monitor, evaluate, and determine the priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing, and repair projects.
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules, and completed orders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and transport legislation.
- Review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to ensure compliance with established standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ensure direct off-site maintenance, repair, and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunctions.
- Ensure that there are adequate personnel, equipment, and material levels to meet transportation, maintenance, servicing, and repair needs.
- Direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, and files related to vehicles, maintenance, repairs, projects, mileage, depreciation, financial activity, and assigned duties
- Direct the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of all vehicles; develop, implement, and supervise preventive maintenance programs.
- Periodically review repair work and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and efficiency.
- Recommend vehicles for replacement, prepare specifications, and arrange for auction or disposal, as necessary.
- Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for vehicle maintenance, repair, operation, servicing, and procurement functions.
- Analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Provide technical information and assistance to the Management regarding automotive needs and issues; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure that all parts and supplies are charged out to the proper repair order.