Quantity Surveyor (Commercial Department)
Construction Estimator Information
We are urgently recruiting hundreds of workers to work on the DANIDA Bridges and Roads Project. The project consists building of 7 bridges and the afferent roads, in three different localities in the Northern regions of Ghana.
Job Location: The project sites are Kulungugu, Garu, Doninga, Sissili, Ambalara, Kulun and other locations, all in northern Ghana.
Reporting to the Project Manager at the Project Office with frequent site visits.
This is a very varied role and we are looking for someone who is willing to be flexible and enjoy being a team player. An interesting role on an exciting project.
- Aged 35 – 45 with 15 years of experience as a Project Quantity Surveyor
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised
- Good communicator
- Previous experience working with foreign companies is desirable
- Previous experience with Ghana Highways Authority is desirable
- Previous exposure to FIDIC form of contract
- Previous experience with re-measurable Contracts
- Capable of producing a fully substantiated Interim Payment Certificate request
Interim Payment Certificates
- Oversee the measurement of the Works on a monthly basis, seeking the Supervising Engineer’s signatures on joint measurement sheets, for incorporation in the Interim Payment Certificate. Liaise with Construction Managers, Site Engineers, Surveyors and AutoCAD Engineer to ensure that all Engineers Instructions, Variations and any other changes are properly documented and measured for inclusion in the measured works.
- Track Interim Payment Certificate status, timely submission dates, due dates and actual paid dates. Maintain spreadsheet for Interest Charges due to Delayed Payments, for inclusion in the Interim Payment Certificates.
- Track the Materials-On-Site for submission with the Interim Payment Certificate request.
- Point of contact for Accountant and Auditor input to the Interim Payment Certificates, with regard to tax reimbursements.
- Collate all input to the Interim Payment Certificate, to be submitted to the Project manager as one pdf document for signing.
Monthly Progress Report
- Key person in arranging and co-ordinating the input for the Monthly Progress Reports, to accompany the submission of the Interim Payment Certificate requests.
- Update on Project Progress, Programme, QA, Safety, Materials-On-Site, Weather Reports, Personnel, Plant & Equipment, Progress Photographs and Procurement status.
- Regular input to the Budget Reviews with Head Office, allocation of costs to Cost Codes and forecasts.